Butler National Golf Club
A business-educated resident of Chicago, Illinois, James “Jim” Neumann serves as president of OOS Investments, an advertising company specializing in billboards. When he isn’t assisting clients throughout the United States with high-tech billboards, James Neumann enjoys playing golf.
Each year, Golf Digest ranks the top 100 courses in the United States as well as the best in each state. Below are the best-ranked courses in Illinois for the 2017-18 season.
1. Chicago Golf Club – Located in Wheaton, this 6,846-yard, par-70 course was No. 14 on Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Course rankings. It is debated among golf historians whether it is the first ever 18-hole course in the country.
2. Butler National Golf Club – Ranked No. 45 on the publication’s America’s 100 Greatest Course rankings, Butler National Golf Club was created in 1974 by George and Tom Fazio and redesigned in 1988, 2005, and 2008.
3. Medinah Country Club – First designed by Tom Bendelow in 1928, the No. 3-ranked course at Medinah Country Club has hosted a number of major PGA tournaments since 1949. In 2012, the course hosted the Ryder Cup, for which architect Rees Jones constructed a new par-4, 15th hole. It has been listed among America’s 100 Greatest Course rankings since 1966.
Fox Valley Off Road
James Neumann owns and operates a number of billboards throughout the United States through his Illinois-based company OOS Investments, LLC. As president and CEO of the company, he oversees daily operations for the global business. Outside of work, James Neumann enjoys various outdoor activities such as off-roading.
Although it might not seem like it, Illinois offers a variety of off-roading opportunities for enthusiasts. Below are just some of the most popular off-roading spots in the state:
– Fox Valley Off Road: covering about 100 acres of land, Fox Valley Off Road in Ottawa allows four-wheel ATVs and motorcycles. Spectators can watch for free, but all participants must pay a riding fee and adhere to various safety gear rules. The park does not rent vehicles or accept credit cards, but it is still a very popular off-roading spot.
– Little Egypt: located in Marion, Little Egypt stretches across 900 acres. There are over 50 miles of dirt bike and open trails, along with a kids track and a motocross track. Riders can bring ATVs, dirt bikes, and side by sides, but Jeeps are not allowed at Little Egypt. The wide variety of terrain makes for an interesting motorsports experience.
– The Cliffs Insane Terrain Off Road Park: one of the state’s most recognized off-roading sites, the Cliffs Insane Terrain Off Road Park welcomes everything from dirt bikes and ATVs to Jeeps and trucks. There are several routes riders can take through the 300-acre park and it often hosts various all-day events.